MALLORCA MARCHA ALBERTO CONTADOR 2018 RULES AND REGULATIONS
The 8th edition of the MARCHA ALBERTO CONTADOR will depart at 8:00am on SATURDAY, the 29th of September 2018, from Oliva, Valencia. Its route will consist of 167 kilometres and will conclude where it started, with the finish-line time limit set at 3:35pm. It is open to all cyclists aged 18 and over, or 16 and over with formal written parental authorisation.
The organisation reserves the right to modify the departure time, and must inform participants during or before bib collection.
The 8th edition of the MARCHA ALBERTO CONTADOR is a cyclosportive regulated by article 9 of the RFEC’s Cycling for Everyone Rules and Regulations, that is, as a free speed cyclosportive event, with a considerable degree of difficulty (mileage or slopes) where participation and individual effort are a motivation for personal growth. Participants will be identified with bibs or bicycle plates. A census will be carried out among the participants who complete the trial and certificates will be handed out featuring the mileage and approximate time employed to complete the trial, all of this within the framework of a cycling specialty that conceives this sport as a form of physical exercise with leisure, touristic and cultural purposes. The trials will be subject to the dispositions outlined in Annex II of the Royal Decree 1428/2003, of the 21st of November, which approves the General Traffic Rules for the application and development of the text articulated in the Law regarding traffic, flow of motor vehicles and road safety, approved by the Royal Legislative Decree 339/1990, of the 2nd of March.
The event organiser is the company 312 Bike & Tours SL (hereafter, 312 Bike & Tours) based at Carrer de Rafel Blanes, 90, 07570, Artà, Illes Balears, registered at the Palma de Mallorca Commercial Register on the 7th of July 2016, in Book 2666 of the Archive, General Section, page 26, section 8, sheet number PM-79.193, entry number 1, and fiscally identified by Spain’s Ministry of Economy and Finance by the number CIF: B-57.967.622.
Previous registration with the organiser is compulsory. The organiser will give each participant a bib and/or bicycle plate.
The registration fee is 50 Euros.
- In addition to the aforementioned fee, cyclists not in possession of an RFEC licence will have to pay 10 Euros for the corresponding participant insurance.
- Cyclists with RFEC licences must present their licences when collecting their bibs. Failure to do so will result in payment of 10 Euros for the compulsory day insurance.
In order to participate, it is compulsory to be in possession of a Royal Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) licence or to take out a day insurance proposed by the organisation. Foreign participants must be in possession of a licence pertaining to a federation that is affiliated with the UCI and, therefore, must accept the present rules and regulations as well as the general RFEC rules and regulations, and must take out accident and liability insurance from an autonomous Spanish federation or take out the day insurance proposed by the organiser. These are the only valid insurance types that will be accepted by the authorities.
The participant takes part in the event under his own responsibility and at his own risk. At the moment of his registration, the participant declares to be in an adequate physical state to complete the trial. It is the obligation of each and every cyclist to ensure, before participating in any event, that he is in perfect health and is able to perform the physical effort required for the event he has registered for.
Only paid registrations will be accepted, meaning that it is NOT POSSIBLE to pre-register and pay upon bib collection.
The payment can only be made online using a credit card through the secure payment gateway set up by the organisation.
Registrations are strictly personal and non-transferable. They cannot be used by someone other than the person who registered. One participant cannot be replaced by another.
Timekeeping will be done electronically using a chip. It is compulsory to use the chip, which will be attached to the bicycle plate. The plate must be placed securely on the front of the handlebars. The chip will not work if it is in direct contact with the bicycle or if it is placed elsewhere. Participants who do not use it, will not receive diplomas.
This timekeeping method has proven to be completely reliable, and participants will automatically be disqualified if they do not pass through all the checkpoints: departure at the established time, finish-line and other checkpoints along the route.
- Any participant overtaken by the broom car is considered to be out of the running and must hand in his bicycle plate; he must then make use of the broom bus.
- Elimination checkpoints will be set up at the solid feeding zones, in accordance with the maximum time-limits. Any participant who exceeds these times must abandon the trial, making use of the broom bus. Alternatively, once excluded from the trial, he may go on to become a normal road user under his own responsibility, with no assistance from the organisation should he decide to continue the route on his bicycle.
Bib collection will take place the day before the event at the Oliva Nova Beach & Golf Resort.
Collection of the bib and the rider bag will take place only on days established by the organisation. These cannot be mailed or collected at a later time. Each and every participant must have a visible bicycle plate. Any rider whose plate is not clearly visible on his bicycle’s handlebars will be excluded from the route by members of the organisation or by the authorities. The bib and the chip are both personal and non-transferrable items. Only the person who registered can participate with the bib that has been assigned to him. He, therefore, accepts that he cannot allow anyone else to use it.
Any participant seen to be towed by any other vehicle will be eliminated by the Organisation.
Ban on accompanying vehicles in accordance with Road RULES: The authorities will detain any accompanying vehicles, which must be held accountable for any fines that this breech may incur.
The organisation reserves the right to take action against anyone who breeches these rules, including banning them from any future editions of the cyclosportive.
The location of solid and liquid feeding zones will be made known in the participant handbook.
The Organisation will have, permanently available throughout the trial, a medical team, ambulances and mobile ICUs, several fixed first aid locations, a medical stand at the finish-line and a broom bus.
The organisation will make mechanical assistance available at determined fixed points along the route. In the case of a repairable breakdown at one of these fixed points, participants will cover the cost of spare parts.
- Use of a helmet is compulsory.
- Use of the trial’s official maillot is compulsory, as a distinctive element to ease the work of the organisers, volunteers and authorities.
- For security reasons, only conventional road bicycles with breaks on both wheels (“fixie” or ebikes are not allowed) without hook-ups (time-trial or triathlon bikes are not allowed) may be used.
The Directorate-General of Traffic, the Civil Guards, the Municipal Police and Civil Protection authorities will provide security during the trial.
The Organisation, following the advice of Organisms linked with Civil Protection, may suspend part or the totality of the cyclosportive if it has enough information regarding risks that may affect the security of the participants or of the collaborating staff. These risks may be associated with Adverse Meteorological Phenomena (Storms, Strong Winds, Hail, etc.), Floods, Landslides, Terrorist Threats, etc. or any other incident external to the cyclosportive that could potentially affect it.
Without prejudice to the aforementioned, we inform that the route will be clearly signposted using arrows and panels, as well as signallers.
These signs will be removed once the event has finished.
Each and every participant must scrupulously comply with every disposition outlined in the Road Safety Law and in the Rules and Regulations. The event takes place on roads that are closed off to traffic. Whoever is found to break that law will be expelled from the cyclosportive and from future editions. The participant declares that he assumes the risks inherent with participating in a trial and releases the organisation from any responsibility regarding any incident or accident that may result from his participation.
The Organisation is not responsible for any accident which may be caused or suffered by the participant, who must be covered by the insurance included with the licence, nor will it contribute to the costs or the debts incurred by participants during the event, nor cover losses or breakdowns suffered by their bicycles or other equipment. The participant releases the organisation from any responsibility for the loss or damage of personal items, under any circumstance.
In order to collect bibs, it is COMPULSORY to present a National Identity Card or passport along with the RFEC licence, if no other insurance proposed by the organisation has been taken out. Bibs may not be collected by third parties. Should the participant not present a licence, he must pay 12€ for the day insurance.
The Organisation reserves the right to make changes, without any warning, if it deems it necessary. It also reserves the Right of Admission.
Image rights.- Acceptance of the present rules and regulations implies that the participant authorises the organisers of the MARCHA ALBERTO CONTADOR to record part or the totality of his participation, and that he gives permission for this image to be used in the promotion and broadcast of the image of the MARCHA ALBERTO CONTADOR or any other event organised by or participated in or commercialised by 312 Bike & Tours SL or any other entity related with 312 Bike & Tours SL, in any form (radio, press, video, photo, DVD, Internet, posters, media, etc.) and cedes all rights relative to their commercial and advertising exploitation that the company may deem appropriate. The participant will have no right to receive any financial compensation whatsoever.
The mere fact of registering for the event implies the acceptance of the present rules and regulations. With his registration, the participant confirms that he accepts and agrees to respect the rules and regulations established by the UCI and by the national federation, as well as the event’s particular rules and regulations. Likewise, he undertakes to accept the instructions of the organisation staff and of security and first aid services, the risks linked to his participation, especially health risks such as falls or collisions, as well as risks related with road traffic and adverse weather conditions, if these arise.
Each and every participant is responsible for behaving respectfully towards to environment and, as such, of taking all appropriate measures to protect it by not throwing rubbish or littering along the event route.
The following participants will be strictly penalised:
- Those who do not respect the Road Rules.
- Those who do not respect the safety instructions given by the authorities and by the organisation.
- Those who do not pass through the departure checkpoint or through other checkpoints located along the route.
- Those who litter or damage the route by throwing rubbish.
- Those who have their own support vehicle, thus hindering the advance of other riders.
- Those who behave in a way that prevents the normal development of the event and who do not comply with the present rules and regulations.
- Those who take position in departure areas not assigned to them by their bibs.
- Organisation members and authorities will take note of those involved in any of the aforementioned actions.
- The organisation has the obligation to the other participants and to the authorities to sanction the aforementioned participants effectively.
The penalties will be:
- Disqualification from the event, without the right to a diploma or a medal.
- Inclusion on the list of sanctioned participants, which will then be published.
- Ban from participating in other editions of the event.
- Sanctions imposed by the authorities, if the participant’s behaviour warrants it.
The organisation will appoint a group of participants whose responsibility it will be to watch over the safety of the event. These participants will wear an outfit that will identify them at all times. Said collaborators will have the power to report a participant who commits any of the conducts outlined in article 22 to the organisation. These communications will have the same weight as any reports made by the organisation itself.
The organisation will not assume responsibility if, without prior warning, the event is cancelled, its route is modified or it is delayed due to a case of “force majeure”.
Participant gifts will be given at the finish-line. They will not be sent by mail.
The user must have read, be aware of and accept the following conditions for participation in the MARCHA ALBERTO CONTADOR:
- The user declares that he is in an adequate state of health to undertake the physical effort required to participate in a gran fondo or fondo event, depending on the route he has chosen.
- The user is solely responsible for the care and safekeeping of all material used during the event, including the loss or damage of personal objects, as well as theft, misplacement or other circumstances.
- The user undertakes to comply with the road rules, especially those outlined in the Road Safety Law and in the Rules and Regulations, thus ensuring his own safety and the safety of the other participants and road users.
- The user releases 312 Bike & Tours SL, and/or any natural or legal person linked to the event’s organisation, from any responsibility derived from any accident caused by either the traffic itself or sporting accidents, including any claim for personal injuries or from third parties.
- The user undertakes to exercise caution when faced with unforeseen events or vehicles that may be driving along the route.
- The user is aware that there are dangerous sections where he must exercise caution, as well as extended descents with curves where he must lower his speed in order to avoid personal injuries to himself or others. He also knows that there are sections where the state of the roads may not meet adequate safety conditions, and that certain tunnels may NOT be adequately lit, and expressly releases 312 Bikes & Tours from the responsibility for any prejudice suffered due to the bad state of the roads or due to any defects in the road network.
- The user knows that there is a possibility of suffering a sporting accident that is inherent to the practice of cycling, and personally assumes the responsibility for any accident that he could bring upon himself or upon another participant, releasing 312 Bikes & Tours from any responsibility regarding these accidents.
As outlined in the Organic Law on Personal Data Protection, Law 15/1999 of the 13th of December (hereafter, OLDP), 312 Bike & Tours SL informs you that any personal information obtained through the registration platform will be included in an automated file called CLIENTS, registered in the Data Protection Agency under the number 2172000952 and under the responsibility of 312 Bike & Tours SL (hereafter, 312 Bike & Tours) based at Carrer de Rafel Blanes, 90, 07570, Artà, Illes Balears, registered at the Palma de Mallorca Commercial Register on the 7th of July 2016, in Book 2666 of the Archive, General Section, page 26, section 8, sheet number PM-79.193, entry number 1, and fiscally identified by Spain’s Ministry of Economy and Finance by the number CIF: B-57.967.622.
The user consents to the treatment of his information with the objective of sending him information through any means regarding our products, services, offers or special promotions for which we may create user profiles that allow us to make customised offers. These communications will feature the word ADVERTISING.
However, you can revoke this consent to receive commercial communications at any time by notifying us on the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with OLDP, you can freely exercise your right to access, rectify, cancel, oppose or revoke your consent to receive commercial communications by sending a letter to 312 Bike & Tours SL based at Carrer de Rafel Blanes, 90, 07570, Artà, Illes Balears, registered at the Palma de Mallorca Commercial Register on the 7th of July 2016, in Book 2666 of the Archive, General Section, page 26, section 8, sheet number PM-79.193, entry number 1, and fiscally identified by Spain’s Ministry of Economy and Finance by the number CIF: B-57.967.622 or via an email addressed to: email@example.com.
Likewise, the User accepts that the personal information he has provided by filling in this form may be transferred to ARRIERE DU POLOTON, S. L. (hereafter, ARRIVO CYCLING), a retail travel agency that specialises in sports tourism, with the objective of sending you offers and promotions of a touristic and sporting nature, and for statistical purposes, so that the quality of service may be improved. For this reason, if you wish to access, rectify, cancel your information or oppose this transfer at any time, 312 BIKE & TOUR, S. L. guarantees your rights, so you will have to write a letter to this effect addressed to 312 Bike & Tour, S. L., Carrer de Rafel Blanes, núm. 90, Artà (07570) Illes Balears. The consent given for the communication of personal information is revocable. ARRIERE DU POLOTON, S. L. is obligated, by the simple fact of receiving this information, to comply with the dispositions outlined in the Organic Law on Personal Data Protection, Law 15/1999 of the 13th of December.
We inform you that, in accordance with OLDP, you can freely exercise your right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose, or revoke your consent by sending a letter to 312 Bike & Tours SL based at Carrer de Rafel Blanes, 90, 07570, Artà, Illes Balears, registered at the Palma de Mallorca Commercial Register on the 7th of July 2016, in Book 2666 of the Archive, General Section, page 26, section 8, sheet number PM-79.193, entry number 1, and fiscally identified by Spain’s Ministry of Economy and Finance by the number CIF: B-57.967.622 or via an email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org